The lovely Judy from Edwina’s Episodes kindly requested of me that I complete the Love – Hate Challenge. Strangely enough, I had seen this earlier on in the day on another blog and thought it looked quite interesting, so I was glad to see the invitation. Thanks Judewina (I like both names so I’m renaming you for the purposes of this post).
In this challenge I have to list ten things I love, closely followed by 10 things I hate and then
shaft nominate 10 other bloggers to complete it too.
Things I Love
- My family and friends, which also includes you, ya bunch of randomers. I love each and every one of you.
- The smell of fresh cut grass – As long as I have not had to cut it, because then all I can smell is petrol and sweat.
- Coffee – I could not exist without it. lifts cup, sips and continues……
- Music – It really does make the world go round.
- Grey’s Anatomy – It has managed to surpass any other TV show I have ever watched in the love stakes. It’s like a bad relationship, it’s made me happy, sad, cross and cry and yet I still keep going back for more!
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy – I especially loved Legolas and even had a bit of a girl crush on Arwen.
- Stationary (by way of clarification, I mean pens etc, not standing still) – Hmmm that might be more of a fetish than love, swiftly moving on.
- My Camera – My Sister bought me it as a present and it takes the most amazing photographs despite the fact that I have no idea how to use it properly.
- GTA V – It’s my release. I’m not a fan of career mode, but I love playing online with my friends. I am BADASS! Shame the same cannot be said for real life huh!
- Pom Bears – I can’t believe I made it to number 10 without mentioning food, and no the coffee does not count thank you very much. For my last slot, I need to confess that I am totally in love with these little bear shaped crisps (original flavour). I try to tell myself they are better for me than ordinary crisps as they are Gluten Free and contain no artificial flavours or colours. The fact is it wouldn’t matter, they are delicious and I am addicted and that’s pretty much all there is to it.
Things I Hate
- Cold Callers – I cannot express how much I dislike these people. My new tactic after reading various articles on the internet, is to ask said caller the name, address and contact details of their company. When they ask me why, I inform them I am registered with the telephone preference service and should not be receiving calls of this nature. 9 out of 10 times they will hang up. Result!
- Ice and Snow – I like it when I am inside looking out at it, but I don’t like it if I am outside and trying to walk in it.
- Politics – I’m not even going to justify that comment, it is what it is and I need to stay awake to the end of this post.
- Jam – It’s really strange but so many people are actually horrified when they find out I don’t like Jam, especially on my toast in the morning. WTF, is there some unwritten rule that I HAVE to like it.
- Changing Trains – I’d love to be able to just get on a train and stay on a train until I reach my destination, but no, that would be far to simple, right Translink!
- Being indecisive, I think.
- Smoking – I smoke, and I hate it. I am trying (albeit unsuccessfully at the minute) to quit!
- Nails on a blackboard or other similar screeching noises – it makes my teeth hurt.
- Clothes Shopping – It does nothing for my self esteem when I stand in garments that are clearly not suited for my shape looking into mirrors that are clearly not designed to flatter. If I ever win the lottery I have every intention of starting my own clothes line. There will be a straight choice between black or navy.
- Birds shitting on my clean washing when it’s hanging on the line to dry.
I have to be honest and say that I found the things I hate bit quite hard, no doubt tomorrow on the journey to work I’ll be all ffs this and ffs that as I remember things I should have included.
So here are the people who I would like to see complete this challenge, however no one is under any obligation to do so and there will be no complaints from me, as I usually shy away from them myself.
If I have not included you, but you like the idea of this, consider yourself invited, and as I said before, to any of the ten nominated, if you have already done this or you just can’t be arsed, feel free to pass it on by.
Till next time Eejits!