I started playing GTA V, mainly because three of my bestest Xbox chums asked me too. I didn’t think I’d like it, but figured I would give it a shot anyway, there was nothing to lose. I tend to try games before I purchase them in order to check to see if I will or will not suffer motion sickness, but no one was relinquishing their copy so I dived straight in and purchased a cheap one from Ebay.
If I’d based the game purely on Career Mode I wouldn’t have played it too much, but along with my friends I ventured into the Online Mode and I fell in love. It’s been a while since I played a game that completely grabbed my attention and made me want to rush home from work and it was nice to see a small rekindling of the old gaming spark. That said, as good as the game is, it’s the fun I can have with my friends that makes it amazing.
5 Reasons why I am feeling the love for Grand Theft Auto V
- I can drive, something that I have not yet achieved in real life. I have 8 cars and two motorcycles and for the most part can manage to keep them between the hedges. That is until I open my mouth and say “My driving is getting better isn’t it?” while rounding a corner and crashing into a bus shelter!
- I am able to go for long virtual drives in the countryside with friends I will probably never get to meet in real life, and if you’re going to pretend, you might as well pretend in style.
- Obviously I am not as good a girl as I like to think. I am getting a strange buzz from robbing armoured trucks and pulling people out of their vehicles in order to steal them. My one attempt to rob a convenience store however ended in disaster, as I forgot to wear a mask. Now I am frightened to go into any store to purchase goodies as I can’t remember the exact one I robbed, meaning I could get fatally wounded should I step inside it again.
- I have the most amazing apartment and 10 car garage, I mean come on, when’s that ever likely to happen!
- In the clothes store there is the most amazing skeleton hoodie. It’s just a shame you have to be rank number 3, 564, 377 to unlock the fecker!
5 Reasons why I am NOT feeling the love for Grand Theft Auto V
- The other night whilst out for coffee with my friend, I found that when we were driving around in the dark, I was scanning the mean streets looking for cars to steal and armored trucks to sticky bomb!
- Even worse was when we passed a hooded youth walking along the street and I said to my friend, we could mug him and split the money. Thankfully he understood as he is also a GTA fan, and didn’t turn his car and head straight for the nearest police station. However, I at that point was a little worried for my sanity.
- Shandy and Jelly no longer fill me full of joy, they seem to think it is more amusing to fill me full of lead. I’ve been shot, beaten, bombed, mowed down, you name it, they have done it.
- I am not getting enough sleep. Despite telling myself I am going to have an early night, I never quite make it. The addictive game sucks you in and spits you out at a totally unreasonable hour!
- It’s just a game….I really want a nice apartment and a 10 car garage…..ffs!!
If I keep this up, very soon I’ll be needing a Grand Theft Auto Intervention!
P.s Many thanks to all my new followers, you are very welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!