Wee Blue Birdie set me a challenge, it’s a good job I like her or I’d have had to tell her to feck aff! I am still not a fan of challenges, but that said I have caught her up in a couple, so I think it’s only fair that I accept hers. I believe this one is known as the Freestyle Writing Challenge and my subject as set by the bird is:
Where would you rather be right now?
Timer is set….let’s go!
Right now, I am quite happy where I am, that’s because I am having a night off. I am staying at my Sisters and I have no one to look after but me myself and I. That said, if I had been doing this challenge from home I would probably have said something completely different, so that’s what I shall base my answer on.
You would find me sitting outside a cafe, a cappuccino in front of me and with most likely a froth moustache that makes people giggle as they pass by. My laptop is in front of me and I sit only sipping my coffee, but drinking in my surroundings. I have no idea where this street is, but the sun is shining and it’s warm outside although not uncomfortably as there is a nice breeze.
One side of the street is tree lined and the leaves dance and wave to the birds that ladorn it’s branches and provide music for the masses.
I people watch and occasionally type. What a way to waste a day.
Not very many words in 10 minutes, but challenge complete none the less. If you would like to give this a try I am going to paste the rules and my prompt below, however I am not going to nominate anyone. How about everyone gives it a go, that sounds like a plan to me :)
Here are the rules:
1. Open a blank document.
2. Set a stop watch timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever length you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds! Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals
6. At the end of your post write down the number of words to give an idea of how much you can write within the time Frame.
7. Put the whole document onto your post and nominate 5 others and give them a new topic. Remember to copy and paste the rules in!
Don’t cheat – set your timer
Your topic is….
What’s one thing you would love to try, that you’re not sure you are brave enough to?