So I know this makes two similar posts in quick succession, but for once I am trying to be a little ahead of myself by doing something on time.
Again, here is a refresher of the rules for Steve’s Musix Mix for this week!
Each week Steve will post 3 new questions so…
(1) Go to the music player of your choice and put it on shuffle
(2) Say the questions aloud and press play
(3) Use the song title as your answers
(4) NO CHEATING
Title your post “Steve’s Music Mix – …” and link back to this week’s page.
Post your response in the comment section of that week’s page.
Have a look at the Archives or click on the “Music Mix” category in the category cloud on this page to see all previous weeks.
Any suggestions for future questions welcomed!
For more information, to submit ideas for future questions or just general feedback go to Steve’s Music Mix.
This weeks questions:
1. Are you a good listener? – The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver by Elbow – This song contains the lyric’s ‘Send up a prayer in my name. Just the same. They say I’m on top of my game’ So I guess that means I must be a good listener right?! I suppose the best people to ask would have to be my friends.
2. Are you a good public speaker – Metropolis by Owl City – Hmmm I would have no desire to publicly speak in front of a whole Metropolis. I actually did public speaking when I was younger for the school Young Farmers Club. We won a Northern Ireland Championship so we must have been the best of a bad bunch. It funny how when you are younger you are less self conscious. I would hate the thought of having to stand up in front of a crowd now.
3. Are you a good writer? – Inside by The Guillemots – That’s pretty accurate. Inside I want to be a really good writer as it’s something I have found I really enjoy. The reality though as far as I am concerned does not match up. I have issues with grammar and spelling, but I am hoping practice will push me towards perfection and if I am entertaining people along the way then I am happy!
If you would like to try this quiz for yourself, then click on the picture at the top to be taken to Steve’s page. He’d love you to tag along and have a go.
Don’t also forget to check out my challenges page which has links to this one and a couple of others that are worth checking out!
12 thoughts on “Steve’s Music Mix – Communication”
I like the second one especially “I would have no desire to publicly speak in front of a whole Metropolis”
Can you imagine. I’d melt into a puddle of….I dunno, something lol
After our conversation in the last music mix post, I think almost every song is appropriate for almost every question in some way or another.
That’s one of the fun things about music – the interpretation of the listener.
That’s true and I wholeheartedly agree with you….but shusshh I’m trying to fool myself that it’s music’s version of astrology lol
It is cosmic musicology – do not mock it or the music gods will frown on you and give you Jedward hair haha. Thanks for playing and spreading the word :)
You’re welcome. Good few entries this week. I’ll have a read layers :-)
[…] The Indecisive Eejit […]
I think you are a fine writer, and you’ll be even better for the practice.
Thanks, I’m certainly hoping that practice makes perfect lol
Ah, you don’t want perfect. Then what would you do with your perfect self?
Very true, it is always good to leave a little room for improvement :)
Exactly, and if there’s one thing the world is good at, it’s moving the bar so it’s always giving you something to work on. :)