Well go to bed then I hear you cry! Well I was, and then I saw todays Daily Prompt.
Tell us about the favorite dish or food that you simply cannot turn down.
My weakness is Creme Eggs, I absolutely love them, in fact their arrival is much more anticipated than that of Santa Claus!
Every year between the 1st of January and Easter day these little bundles of gooey goodness make an appearance and my life is complete. It’s a short lived love affair, as after the Easter Bunny has been and gone, the eggs depart and hibernate until the next new year!
I could never understand why more often that not my work colleagues would have a Creme Egg waiting for me at afternoon tea break. I just thought they were being exceptionally nice. Eventually I figured out it was because Creme Eggs gave me something akin to a legal high! Once the ‘E’ Numbers kicked in, I kicked off, a whirling dervish of one liners.
The cold turkey however was not so pleasant, so I had to be sensible and limit my intake, while pleading with my work colleagues to offer me no more temptations!
So now the question I know is on all of your lips! How do I eat mine. Well that’s simple, I’ve even included step by step instructions:
- Make sure you are in possession of a Creme Egg. If possible try to con someone else into buying it for you. These ones definitely taste better.
- Ensure before you begin the unwrapping ritual that your Creme Egg is at room temperature.
- Once said Creme Egg is in your hand stroke it lovingly, before gently starting to unwrap the colourful silver foil. Both you and the egg know that you are, at some point going to bite it’s head off (for once nothing to do with hormones), but you can at the same time show it some respect.
- When the silver foil is halfway down, wipe up any drool that seeing the egg in a semi naked state may have induced.
- Swiftly bite off the top of the egg, savouring the chocolate taste that has not assaulted your senses for the last 8 months. Prepare for phase 2.
- Dip your tongue into the gloopy gooey goodness that is at the heart of each and every Creme Egg. Slurping and dribbling is optional, each to his own.
- Devour the remaining egg in one swift snap of the jaws whilst trying to hide the embarrassment you feel that others have witnessed this rare moment of intimacy you just experienced.
- Get over the embarrassment and buy a second egg for later. Practice makes perfect :)