The lovely Christine from Simpleek kindly nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” Many thanks, and I am humbled, it’s nice to know that someone out there likes my little space in blogsphere!
I’ve had a couple of award nominations and I have to be truthful and say that I have not done them all, mainly because I am still on Akismet’s
shit umm I mean hit list from the last time I put links in comments. It took about a month and lots of begging people to drag me out of the trash and de spam me before I was back in good standing. It was a very traumatic experience….well ok it wasn’t really traumatic, but it was fecking frustrating! Those dark days are behind me, never to return.
So here are the rules surrounding the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Add the “One Lovely Blog” image to your post
- Share 7 things about you
- Pass the award to 7 nominees
- Inform the nominees chosen by posting on their blog
The first four are no problem, I can do that, the 5th one however causes me a problem, what with my tenuous relationship with Akismet an all, so I’ve decided to conduct a little experiment. I’ll name the blog’s here and see how long it takes them to realise they have been nominated. It also lets me know if you read the whole post or if I bore you by the first line and you click the like button out of pity…I’m not complaining, a like’s a like at the end of the day and sometimes I am to be pitied, it’s not easy being an eejit! :)
Ok 7 things about me, hmmm…….
- I was shamelessly addicted to McGowan’s Highland Toffee Bon Bon’s right up until the point where one half of my tooth decided to divorce itself from the other and run away with the half chewed sweet. Big ban on the bon bon’s now!
- I don’t have a bucket list, mine is more of a f*ck it list of all the things I would never dream of trying! One thing I would like to do before I expire though, is be part of a flash mob.
- I don’t like roller coasters.
- I’m currently addicted to Lucozade Orange.
- My favourite book is “The Bronze Horseman” by Paullina Simons. (but that is subject to change…daily!)
- If I won millions and millions of pounds on the lottery, I would buy a television studio so I could help Joss Whedon bring back Firefly!
- I’ve realised I’m actually a very boring person because I can’t think of anymore random facts!
And so to my nominee’s…..
Please don’t feel you must accept the award and follow the rules etc, I’ve put you here because I enjoy your blog and think it is indeed “One Lovely Blog,” I follow and read so many, it’s a hard choice, if you’re not here it’s because I am only allowed 7 nominations. If nothing else it is a blog roll of my current favourite blogs:
- Adventures of a Girl Gamer – I love Rhio’s art and gaming posts, watch out lads, us girls are taking the gaming world by storm!
- Strawberry Quicksand – Ah the crazy Australian who thinks I am from Scotland!! She makes me laugh almost every day, even if she’s only written a comment. Her “Excuse me driver” posts are not to be missed!
- Life is Swede – I am loving this blog. I jump up and down for joy when I see new posts. It’s a fabulous account of an American starting a new life in Sweden.
- No Blog Intended – The lovely young lady with the fabulous taste in nail polish keeps me reading, and laughing, especially when she is throwing her legs in the air!…sorry doing a grand battement! Sounds dangerous if you ask me!
- My Life, My Way, My Words – Ahh I’m loving Moosey, cos she tells it like it is! Nuff said!
- Confessions of a Technophile – Joe’s the young un of my list, but there is a very wise head on those young shoulders :)
- Buffalo Tom Peabody – An all round lovely guy, who’s posts have made me laugh and who’s little pictures brighten my day! Gunther Tootie is the cutest sidekick ever!
So there you have it. Christine, again, thank you very much :)