Icesabel has kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award, thank you so much for thinking about me, I really appreciate it :)
I had a little read about the award and there seem to be mixed views with regards to it. Some people regard it as a good way to promote newer blogs with less than 200 followers, others view it as a chain or pyramid effect that causes a nuisance.
I am going to accept the award in the spirit it was given and embrace it. I’m happy that at least one person viewed my blog, liked it and saw fit to nominate me for something. One more happy person in the world is one less sad one. I also feel it is good to push newer blogs a little further out into the lake of WordPress and find out a little more about the people behind them.
I follow so many amazing blogs that I cannot nominate for this because they already have over the required number of followers, but sometime I plan to do a post about some of them and the posts I love.
I have to nominate 5 blogs at the end of this for the Award and I will indeed do that, however I don’t want any of the people I nominate to feel they are obliged to complete the task. I have nominated you because I like your blog :) Had Icesabel not already won, she would have been one of my chosen 5.
So here goes:
What is a Liebster?
In German , it means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
This Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
As with most awards, there are rules tied to it!
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
11 Random facts about me
- My favourite colour is black.
- I only drink coffee – I find tea tasteless
- I have a secret addiction to Rockband. I hooked it up to my stereo so I could pretend I was on stage.
- I cried when Sephiroth killed Aerith in Final Fantasy VII
- My favourite band are the Eels
- When I was younger I had a fold up bike that I attached an ariel to the back of, then ribbons to the top of that. I thought I was the coolest kid in the neighbourhood. I so wasn’t!!
- The first record I ever bought was the single of Adam and the Ants – Stand and Deliver
- I own a cuddly Dennis the Menace and Gnasher. I love them.
- I prefer shorter dark days to long sunny ones.
- I adore Creme Eggs, they make me hyper.
- I love Penguins
Questions from Icesabel
- If you could travel anywhere in the world (in this case, money is not an objection), where would you go? Why? – I’d buy a ticket to Illinois, USA to go visit Shady.
- Do you have a bucket list? Whether it’s a yes or no, create one and list them out. Then, would you do any of these before you pass on? – No I don’t have a bucket list. There are lots of things I would like to do, but would never in a million years be able to do, mostly because of confidence. I’d like to fly a helicopter, kiss JM, perform on stage to thousands of people, make people laugh with my blog, stop worrying, learn to drive, be financially stable and try as often as possible to treat others as I would wish to be treated, but no one is perfect – hopefully I’ll be able to manage at least a few of these before I shuffle off this mortal coil.
- If there was a zombie apocalypse, would you stay in a place with lots of supplies forever or go out there and live dangerously, even if there is no chance of getting to real safety with other people (should you EVER find any living thing)? – Oh no! I’d go out all guns blazing Resident Evil style. With the state of Alien Leg and not being able to run I’d commandeer a shopping trolley, equip it, arm it and Supermarket Sweep my way through those bad boys!
- What was the best thing that has ever happened in your life? – Hmm thats a toughy, but off the top of my head my Sister buying me a Nikon D40 digital SLR when my camera broke, oh and winning this award of course!!
- Who would you be if you could be someone else for a day? – Frodo Baggins. I’d love to meet the cast of the Lord of the Rings!
My Nominations (only 3 so far, will add more)
- Elephant Gun Productions
- Purple Shirt Paul
- Geeky and Freaky
- EnginEffect (not sure how many followers you have)
My questions for my Nominees
1. If you could go back and live your life all over again, what would you change?
2. If you could be one character in a film who would it be and why?
3. What is one gadget you could not live without?
4. What is your favourite food?
5. If you could invent a new flavour of crisps / Chip (in the USA) what would it be?